Thursday, February 3, 2011

National Hillary Brown Day :)

     February 1st is officially National Hillary Brown Day. Haha just kidding. But this year it may as well have been. It was one of the best days I have had in quite a long time. About a week (give or take a couple days, because I'm not exactly sure what day it was) before her birthday I decided that we were going to celebrate her b-day in an amazing sort of way. Before I start this story I must say, that since I tell Hillary everything, this was the most difficult secret I have ever kept in my life. So I got in touch with all our friends from Price, came up with a time and place, and started my planning.
     That was the longest week in my life. I had everything planned and put together, and all I had to do was decorate the day of and keep it a secret. The hardest part was keeping the secret. I was so excited I could hardly contain it. It all came together perfectly. She had a class that she had to attend for her work that lasted from 6:30-9 p.m. Which gave me time to blow up baloons, decorate the apartment and make lemonade before everyone showed up at 8:45. Surprisingly enough, everyone actually did show up before Hillary got there. The best part of it all: Hillary had no idea. Before she left I asked what time she would get done, and I probably made it look so obvious that I was planning something. She says she had no idea. I'm just glad it was a success.
     After she got there, the candles were lit, and the cake was eaten, we played Apples to Apples and Uno. Once everyone had left, it was midnight and we were beat. Despite that fact, we stayed up for two more hours. It was a blast.



2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Hillary! Good job on pulling it off Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura for the fun birthday party!! You are the best roommate ever!! Thanks for everything!:)

    ReplyDelete